Mini Blinds Images
This guide will help you to install mini blinds. Installing them is never difficult if you follow certain steps. We all know that installing window blinds helps to protect our room from sunlight and provides us privacy, above all mini blinds gives a stunning looks to the interior of your room and reveals your character as a good house owner.
There is a wide variety of mini blinds available in the market. Manufacturers like Levelor, Hunter Douglas, Bali, Kirsch and Comfortex delivers you a range of design and colour to suit your room. Mini blinds are available in wood, aluminium, fauxwood or vinyl with vertical or horizontal structures. Now that you have chosen to install one let see how to do the same.
Follow these simple steps:
1. Where to place the mini blind: First of all you have to make your mind where to place it, outside or inside the window frame. Mounting it outside will give a control over the sunlight whereas inside mounting will give a better interior look to the room. Mini blinds are mounted on brackets to provide a finished looks, usually the brackets has predefined holes on them.
2. Measurements: For mounting inside the window frame, measure the width between points where the brackets will be placed. Then record the narrowest measurement. Then measure from the inside top of the casing of the windowsill. Minimum 1 inch of flat clearance space should be left to place the bracket. For mounting outside the frame you will need to measure the total area that you would like to cover. If there is no more than 1 inch flat clearance space on the casing then hang the blind outside the frame. The measurement must be more than at least 1 and a half inch than the window measurement to cover it fully from each side.
a. Remove the window stoppers from the casing after you have bought your custom sized mini shades.
b. Now fix the brackets on the side, top and bottom window casing with the help of screw. Two to three screws are recommended per bracket.
c. Keep the wand on left and lift cord at right, slowly slide in the mini blind into the bracket which you just fixed.
d. After the mini blind has completely slide into the bracket place the caps on them.
e. At last, if the blinds are long then remove some slates from the bottom end and you can get the desired length.
So, you are finished with the installation and enjoy the new look that will make you feel a proud house owner.
By Sourav Sarkar
Article Source: ezinearticles.com
windows blinds search terms:
- mini blinds with pictures (2)
- how to hang mini blinds (1)
- images of windows with blinds fully close to protect from sunlinght (1)
- pics of vinyl blind brackets (1)