Porch blinds and shades can make a real difference! If you spend any amount of time on your porch in the summer, then you know how much more comfortable you are if you are shaded from the glaring sun. And how about the wind? Porch shades and blinds can help there, too! Don’t spend another summer without adding some easy-to-install blinds to your porch area. You will enjoy your porch so much more.
What are the advantages to having porch blinds or shades?
- Shades add a dimension of ambiance and privacy to your porch.
- Porch blinds and shades protect your family and furnishings from the damaging effects of the sun.
- They help to keep out the weather, are mildew-resistant and come in a variety of colors.
- They come with wind cords to keep them from flapping around in windy conditions and can be positioned at any height.
- Porch blinds provide shade during the hottest times of the year – keeping your home cooler and your porch more comfortable.
- Blinds and awnings can help keep your porch drier on a rainy day – so you can sit on the swing and read a good book!
- An exterior solar shade can also protect your furniture from ultra violet rays (some up to 92%) and still allow the air to flow.
Many people optimize their porch by adding an adjacent deck or patio. This gives you more options for entertaining, cooking out, and enjoying an uninterrupted view of the night sky. You can extend the use of this area with porch awnings. So what are the advantages of having awnings on your porch?
- Awnings can transform your adjacent porch deck or patio into a beautiful semi-permanent “outdoor room”, a shady retreat where you’ll love to spend time.
- Awnings keep your patio furniture cool and protected from hot sun, passing showers, and harmful UV rays – far better than an umbrella.
Two main kinds of awnings for your porch – aluminum and canvas
- Aluminum awnings are the most popular because they are the best at reflecting light away from the deck’s surface. This proves to be an excellent way to maintain a consistently cool temperature during hot weather.
- Aluminum awnings will last virtually forever, but many people prefer the beauty of canvas awnings – despite the fact that canvas awnings may need to be replaced about every ten years.
- Canvas awnings are more visually appealing to some homeowners. They are usually offered in a larger selection of colors and styles, as compared to aluminum deck awnings.
No matter whether you have a porch, deck, or patio, you can’t go wrong with exterior blinds, shades, or awnings. They’ll make your porch sitting so much more comfortable.Your guests will appreciate them, too.
By Dave R Morris
Article Source: ezinearticles.com